The muffler’s main purpose is to reduce the noise created by your car’s engine during combustion. This is beneficial to the community as it prevents loud noise pollution on the streets. However, the muffler has no impact on your car’s gas mileage, so deleting it will not save you any money on gas.
What is louder than straight pipes?
The exhaust noise is louder with a factory downpipe. This is because it is narrower and more restrictive, so the sound waves can travel further and be louder when you accelerate.
Do exhaust tips change sound?
Exhaust tips are located at the end of the exhaust system and can make a car’s sound more powerful.
2. A normal exhaust tip usually has a small effect on the sound.
3. A larger tip will create a stronger, heartier sound, while a smaller tip will produce a raspier sound.
Will a cat back exhaust increase gas mileage?
A cat-back exhaust system replaces the OEM system from the catalytic converters to the back of the car.
2. The pipes on a cat-back system are larger in diameter.
3. The mufflers are also designed to facilitate a more efficient draining of the exhaust.
4. Cat-back exhaust systems improve gas mileage and enhance engine sound.
Is aftermarket or exhaust better?
Stock exhausts are not as efficient as performance exhausts and this difference can be felt and heard once you make the change.
2. If you are looking for better performance, the aptly named performance exhausts are your best option.
3. Performance exhausts are a great way to improve your vehicle’s performance.