Royal Purple Extended Life Premium Oil Filter – The best oil filter for 2022; overall, it provides great value.
2. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter – The best oil filter overall runner-up; it is slightly more expensive but still provides excellent value.
3. Motorcraft Oil Filter – The best cheap oil filter; it is very affordable and still does a great job.
4. Bosch Premium Filtech Oil Filter – The best oil filter if money is no object; it is the most expensive but also the best performing.
5. K&N Performance Silver Oil Filter – The best oil filter for those who want the best performance; it is the most expensive but also the best performing.
Table of Contents
Does backfire mean rich or lean?
A “lean” air/fuel mixture is one that has too much air and not enough fuel. This can cause a backfire.
2. A mixture that doesn’t have enough gasoline can also cause a backfire.
3. Too much air and not enough fuel is a recipe for a backfire.
Is it better to run rich or lean?
What are the consequences of running an engine too lean or rich?
2. Which is better for an engine: running lean or rich?
1. Running an engine too lean can cause catastrophic engine damage, while running too rich can also cause severe damage to your engine.
2. Running an engine slightly rich will give more power, but running lean can cause catastrophic engine damage.
What does a rich engine sound like?
If your engine is running too rich, you’ll notice excessive smoke coming from the silencer. The plug will often become carbon-fouled, and the engine will produce a sputtering or crackling sound.
What does rich exhaust smell like?
If the exhaust from your vehicle smells like gasoline, it is most likely because the air/fuel mixture is too rich. This means that either too much fuel or too little air is getting into your vehicle’s combustion chambers.
2. An overly rich air/fuel mixture is often the cause of a gasoline smell in a vehicle’s exhaust. This means that either too much fuel or too little air is getting into the combustion chambers.