An engine is running rich when it has too much fuel and too little air, which slows down the combustion process.
2. When combustion doesn’t happen in a timely manner, the exhaust valve opens while the air-fuel mixture is still igniting.
3. This causes the explosion to “spill” out of the cylinder, making a loud popping noise.
“What’s louder straight pipes or glasspacks?”
Perforated cores usually result in a louder sound because there is less obstruction of the pipe.
2. Glasspacks can be either short or long, and can be used as either resonators or mufflers.
3. Glasspacks usually sound best on muscle cars or vehicles with V8s because they can give the car a bit of a raspy tone.
Is a Cherry Bomb muffler illegal?
Are cherry bomb mufflers legal? It depends on the car and noise levels.
2. Each state has different acceptable noise levels.
3. Some engines are louder than others.
Whats louder glasspack or Flowmaster?
Glasspacks will be louder than most flowmasters.
2. Glasspacks will be louder than most of the flowmasters.
Do glasspacks increase HP?
Glasspack mufflers will improve your horsepower rating by about 20 horsepower compared to stock.
2. They improve horsepower because they reduce backpressure and are lighter compared to stock ones.
3. If you don’t know, reducing backpressure is basically reducing the amount of pressure coming from your exhaust pipes.