If you’re hearing a rattling noise that sounds like it’s coming from underneath your car, it’s likely that you’re experiencing an issue with your exhaust system. This can include problems with your catalytic converter, muffler, or corroded pipes, and can range from sounding like light rattling to rocks shaking beneath your car.
Can bad spark plugs cause rattle?
Older cars with high mileage may have faulty spark plugs due to corrosion. This can result in a rattling noise which you’ll notice as your drive and accelerate.
2. If your car has high mileage and is older, the spark plugs may be corroded and cause a rattling noise when you drive and accelerate.
3. You may notice a rattling noise when driving and accelerating if your older car has high mileage and faulty spark plugs due to corrosion.
4. An older car with high mileage may have rattling noises when driving and accelerating due to corrosion on the spark plugs.
Why is my engine knocking at idle?
If you’re hearing noises like engine knocking or tapping, it’s an indication that the vehicle is running low on oil.
2. It may also be a sign that an engine part, like a valve or lifter, is wearing out.
3. If you hear a whistling noise, it means that an engine belt is misaligned or there’s an intake leak.
Why is my car shaking when I drive it?
The most common cause of vibration is an issue with your wheels or tires. This can include improper wheel and tire balance, uneven tire wear, separated tire tread, out of round tires, damaged wheels, or even loose lug nuts.
Why does my car run loud when I accelerate?
If your car is loud when accelerating, it may be due to an issue with the belt, oil level, bearings, or another component. 2. As a rule of thumb, you should be mildly alarmed if you experience any weird smells or noises coming from your car that could be indicative of a serious problem. 3. February 23, 2022.