If your water pump is dead or dying, it can’t circulate coolant through your engine, causing it to overheat. The hotter the engine gets, the greater the risk of serious damage, such as a cracked engine block or damage to the cylinders, pistons and head gasket.
How long should a water pump last in a car?
The expected lifespan of a water pump is 60,000 to 90,000 miles, but many can last longer than that.
2. Once your car has reached 100,000 miles, you can expect to need a new water pump soon.
When replacing a water pump What else should you replace?
If the water pump needs to be replaced, it’s a good idea to also replace the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and idler pulleys.
2. It’s a good idea to replace the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and idler pulleys when the water pump needs to be replaced.
3. When the water pump must be replaced, also replacing the timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and idler pulleys is a good idea.
How much is a water pump for a Honda?
You can expect to pay anywhere from $375 to $787 for parts and labor when shopping around for the best deal.
2. Keep in mind that the price may vary depending on the type of car you have.
3. Make sure to get a few quotes before deciding on a price.
How long can you drive with bad timing chain?
Driving with a bad timing chain could give you serious engine damage.
2. It’s also dangerous because it could cause your vehicle to stop suddenly without warning.
3. A timing chain typically requires replacement anywhere from 40,000 to 150,000 miles.