All the drive belts in your car have a specific purpose.
2. The timing belt is a notched rubber belt that opens and closes the engine valves in proper timing with the pistons.
3. The serpentine belt is a long continuous belt that drives all your engine components.
4. V-belts are used to drive accessories such as your power steering pump, alternator, and air conditioning compressor.
How do I check my timing belt?
I don’t know.
2. I have no idea.
Does the timing chain run the alternator?
The timing belt is responsible for running many of the essential components in your car, such as the engine, alternator, air conditioner, and power steering pump.
2. It’s important to keep your timing belt in good condition to avoid costly repairs or damage to your car.
3. Timing belts typically need to be replaced every 60,000 to 100,000 miles.
How long should a serpentine belt last?
The serpentine belt is one of the most important parts that will eventually need to be replaced in your vehicle.
2. How long does a serpentine belt last?
3. Being made of durable rubber, a serpentine belt can last anywhere from around 50,000-100,000 miles.
What causes Fanbelt noise?
The belt squeals because there is improper tension in the belt drive system. This is usually caused by a worn automatic tensioner. Other causes can include a contaminated belt (oil, belt dressing, etc.) or a belt that is too long or worn out.
2. The other main cause of belt noise is an alignment issue. This is usually caused by a misaligned pulley or belt tensioner.