If you hear a ticking noise coming from the engine, it may be a sign that the timing belt is failing.
2. If the engine won’t turn over, it may be due to a problem with the timing belt.
3. If you notice an oil leak near the motor, it could be a sign that the timing belt is failing.
4. If you experience exhaust issues, it may be due to a problem with the timing belt.
5. If your revs start acting up, it may be a sign that the timing belt is failing.
Table of Contents
What is silent timing chain?
A silent chain is a type of chain made up of gear racks with two teeth each, connected by pivots to form a closed chain. The links are flat steel plates with straight teeth that are connected by pins. Silent chains run more quietly than roller chains, can operate at higher speeds, and can transmit more power.
Can a timing belt last 200 000 miles?
The timing belt’s expected lifespan varies depending on your car and engine configuration, but it is usually between 60,000 and 100,000 miles.
2. You can check your car’s owner’s manual or look online for your car’s service schedule to see how long your timing belt is expected to last.
How often do Honda timing belts break?
The Honda maintenance schedule says that your car’s timing belt and water pump usually need to be checked and/or replaced every 7 years or 60,000-100,000 miles.
Should I replace my water pump with the timing belt?
Always replace the idler pulleys, tensioner, and water pump when you replace the timing belt.
2. In most cases, the timing belt drives the water pump, so it is a good idea to replace the water pump at the same time.
3. This is also recommended by the manufacturer.