If you’re within the mileage window for timing belt replacement, you should go ahead and have it replaced regardless of whether there are any prior symptoms.
2. That being said, sometimes your car will give you a bit of warning that the belt is wearing out.
Will a broken timing belt destroy my engine?
If your car’s timing belt breaks while you’re driving, your car will break down immediately. This can cause serious damage to your engine.
2. To avoid this, be on the lookout for signs that your timing belt is weakening. This way, you can take action before it’s too late.
How do you check a timing chain?
Read the amount of stretch on the timing tab.
2. For example, if the rotor tip began to move at 10° after TDC as measured at the timing mark, the chain has 10° of stretch.
3. Any reading more than 4° to 5° is considered excessive and you need to schedule time to install a new timing chain and gear set.
How much does it cost to fix timing on a car?
Depending on your vehicle, a timing belt service could turn into a costly repair.
2. Having a timing belt replaced before it breaks will cost between $500 and $1,000 on average, while waiting for it to break before replacing can cost upward of $2,000 or more.
3. Therefore, it is important to keep up with your timing belt maintenance to avoid any costly surprises down the road.
How long does it take to fix the timing on a car?
Replacing a timing belt is a complex and time-consuming task that can take 4-8 hours, depending on the vehicle. However, replacing the timing belt before it breaks will prevent engine damage and save you money in the long run.
2. If you replace the timing belt before it breaks, you can prevent engine damage and save money in the long run. Replacing a timing belt is a complex and time-consuming task that can take 4-8 hours, depending on the vehicle.
3. Replacing a timing belt before it breaks will prevent engine damage and save you money in the long run. The process is complex and time-consuming, taking 4-8 hours depending on the vehicle.