Some pop and bang tunes also have the spark plugs fire as the fuel is leaving the cylinder through the exhaust ports.
2. This can result in the burning of your exhaust valves, which can either cause them to no longer seal properly or damage them permanently.
Do bangs and pops damage engine?
Yes, the extra fuel added for anti-lag purposes can shorten an engine’s lifespan.
2. Race cars typically have oil changes after every use, and engine and turbo damage is common when running under extreme conditions.
Can you make a car run rich?
So what does “running rich” mean?
2. How does it occur?
3. Running rich only occurs if there is an issue with your engine’s combustion process. The cause of this is your engine receiving too much fuel.
4. Conversely, “running lean” refers to your car receiving too much air and not enough fuel.
How do I pop my car without a tune?
Short answer: You can’t.
2. Long answer: On a properly running car you can’t. The pops are caused by unburnt fuel entering the exhaust and igniting. So if you say had fouled plugs you’d get pops because all that extra fuel that didn’t ignite would be pushed into the downpipe, where it would ignite.
3. 28 Feb 2020
Does burble tune waste gas?
Igniting the dump of gas to make that “burble” will increase exhaust gas temperature, which is the reason why it’s bad for o2 and the cats.
2. Having said that, if you go castles and don’t have emission to worry about, then it’s fine.
3. 17 Nov 2017