Timing Belt Replacement Cost: $400 – $1500
2. Timing Chain Replacement Cost: $500 – $2000
3. Coolant Replacement: $50 to $150
4. Serpentine Belt Replacement: $50 to $200
Is serpentine belt same as timing belt?
A timing belt has horizontal “teeth” that fit both the crankshaft and camshaft.
2. A serpentine belt has multiple V-shaped grooves that appear vertically along the belt.
3. Over time, these belts need to be replaced (roughly around the same time).
Is replacing a timing belt a big job?
Replacing the timing belt is an expensive service, but it is an intricate, labor-intensive process that can take 4–8 hours, depending on the vehicle.
2. Replacing the timing belt before it breaks will prevent engine damage and save you money in the long run.
3. It is important to replace the timing belt before it breaks to prevent engine damage and save money.
What happens if you dont change timing belt?
Even though it’s made to last, it will wear out over time and will eventually need to be replaced.
2. If the timing belt breaks, the engine will not run and, in extreme cases, may result in bent or broken valves and damage to the cylinder head or other nearby components.
3. April 3, 2020
Is it worth fixing a timing belt?
Extensive damage to the valves, pistons and other internal engine parts can occur if the timing belt fails.
2. Replacing the timing belt is much cheaper than having to replace an entire engine.
3. It’s a good idea to start thinking about changing the timing belt once you reach 90,000 miles.