Replacing your timing chain can be expensive, costing between $600 and $800 if you do it yourself, or up to $1,800 if you hire a mechanic.
2. The reason the cost is so high is because replacing a timing chain is a complicated process.
3. If you’re planning on doing the replacement yourself, you can expect to pay around $650 for the parts.
Do I need to replace water pump with timing belt?
The idler pulleys, tensioner, and water pump should always be replaced when the timing belt is replaced.
2. In most cases, the timing belt drives the water pump, so replacing the water pump at the same time is recommended.
3. This is also recommended by the manufacturer.
How much does it cost to replace Honda timing belt?
The timing belt is one of the most critical components of your Honda’s engine.
2.Replacing the timing belt can be quite costly, typically running around $500 to $1,000.
3.Unfortunately, it is also one that many drivers overlook.
Why do I hear metal rattling when I accelerate?
A transmission needs sufficient lubrication to function properly.
2. Without proper lubrication, the metal components inside a transmission will grind against each other.
3. This can lead to a rattling sound as gears wear down inside the transmission.
When I accelerate I hear a rattling noise?
You usually hear this noise when you’re accelerating the vehicle.
2. Most people would call this a pinging or rattling sound.
3. The noise is caused by an air/fuel mixture in the engine cylinder being ignited prematurely by the heat of compression as the piston is moving up on the compression stroke.