MagnaFlow, an aftermarket exhaust manufacturer, says that its customers can expect horsepower gains of around 10 percent from its products.
2. This figure is commonly quoted in the industry.
3. Exhaust systems can get congested and lose performance potential over time.
4. MagnaFlow’s products aim to keep the exhaust system tight and performing at its best.
How much does a Stage 1 tune cost?
Stage 1 mods are cheaper than stage 2 by around $200 to $500.
2. You can expect to spend around $450 to $850 on stage 2 tunes.
What is a Stage 1 tune?
A stage 1 tune is an ECU remap or chip tune. This is the most cost-effective way to modify any vehicle for performance.
2. Turbo-diesel and turbo-petrol vehicles respond extremely well to stage 1 tuning, and commonly see a 20 – 40% increase in bhp and torque.
What do you need for a Stage 1 tune?
Stage 1 mods usually entail intakes, cat-back exhausts, blow-off valves, and other fundamental bolt-on engine mods. Even though this is not an exact science, the basic idea is that stage 1 tuning and mods are uncomplicated things that usually do not necessitate additional modification.
What are Stage 2 mods?
DIYers can usually handle stage 2 mods with no problem, but they will need more specialized knowledge and tools.
2. Some examples of stage 2 mods include an aggressive remap that requires a stronger turbo, a sports exhaust that requires new headers, and internal mods that require fuel to be uprated.