The most you can gain from adding an exhaust system to your car is 2-5% more power for your engine.
2. If you want to know how much power you can expect to gain from adding an exhaust system to your car, assume that your engine will get 2-5% more powerful.
3. More specifically, large engines like a big 6.0L V8 typically see about a 2%-3% horsepower increase from adding an exhaust system.
Will muffler delete hurt engine?
In most cases, getting a muffler delete will not have any negative effects on your car.
2. In most states in the U.S., it is illegal to drive a car without a muffler on public roads.
3. However, in some states you may be able to get away with it.
Does a muffler delete waste more gas?
No, a muffler delete will not have an effect on your car’s gas mileage.
2. A muffler delete is done by removing the muffler from your car, resulting in a louder noise while the car is in operation.
3. A muffler is a sound suppressing device that works to lessen the intense noise created by your engine during combustion.
Will a cat Delete make my car pop?
Punching out the cat will change the sound of some cars.
2. Some cars will sound different after you punch out the cat.
3. The sound of some cars will be altered after you punch out the cat.
Is muffler delete worth it?
In many cases, removing the muffler can actually reduce horsepower. This is because the ECU will go into LIMP mode, as indicated by the check engine light on the console.
2. In most cases, a muffler delete system or a set of aftermarket mufflers (or axle-back mufflers) may do more harm than good. This is because removing the muffler will also force the ECU to go into LIMP mode, as indicated by the check engine light on the console.