The timing chain needs to be replaced every 40,000 to 120,000 miles in most vehicles.
2. The cost of a timing chain replacement is between £500 and £900.
Is it better to replace timing chain or engine?
If the engine is well-maintained, there’s no need to install a new engine. The existing engine can last 100,000 more miles with proper maintenance. However, if the engine hasn’t been well-maintained, it’s wiser to replace the engine instead of spending time on repairs.
What happens if the timing chain breaks while driving?
A timing chain that is not working correctly can cause an engine to not start or fail while driving.
2. If the timing chain is already broken, the engine will not have enough compression to start.
3. If the timing chain breaks or jumps while the engine is running, the pistons can be damaged from contact with the valves.
4. The valves can also bend and potentially ruin the engine.
Is replacing a timing chain expensive?
A timing chain replacement can cost between $1,600 and $1,800.
2. You can replace a timing chain yourself for between $600 and $800.
What is the longest a timing belt has lasted?
Your car’s timing belt lifespan is determined by the make and model of your vehicle, as well as the engine type. It is typically between 60,000 and 100,000 miles.
2. You can check your car’s owner’s manual or look online to find out the specific service schedule for your car.