All new Honda vehicles come with a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty, as well as a 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.
2. Any Honda Genuine Accessories purchased along with the vehicle are also covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty.
What are the symptoms of a failing timing chain?
If your car’s engine makes a rattling noise when you turn it on or when you’re idling, it’s likely a sign of a faulty timing chain.
2. Another common symptom of a bad timing chain is a misfiring engine.
3. Another telltale sign of a problem with your timing chain is contaminated engine oil.
4. Another symptom to be aware of is if your check engine light comes on.
5. Lastly, if your car won’t start, it could be due to a problem with the timing chain.
How do I know if my timing chain needs replacing?
Difficulty starting the vehicle.
2. Noise coming from the timing chain.
3. The check engine light is illuminated.
4. The engine is misfiring and is sluggish.
5. The engine vibrates or shakes when idling.
6. The engine will not start.
What happens if timing belt breaks while driving?
If the timing belt breaks while you are driving, the car will break down immediately. This can cause serious damage to your engine.
2.You need to be on the lookout for signs and symptoms of a weakening timing belt so you can take action before it is too late.
Will a bad timing chain throw a code?
A worn or stretched timing chain can cause misfiring and cam timing problems.
2. A weak timing chain tensioner can cause the engine to run poorly.
3. Worn timing chain guides can cause the engine to misfire.