According to the Honda maintenance schedule, your Honda’s timing belt and water pump generally needs to be inspected and/or replaced every 60,000 to 100,000 miles traveled, or every 7 years.
Can a timing belt last 20 years?
The maximum life of a timing belt is seven years, as recommended by most manufacturers. However, the belt should be replaced sooner if the engine has only 30,000 miles but is seven years of age. This is because more timing belts break due to age than mileage. 23 Aug 2021.
How long do Honda timing chains last?
The timing chain in a vehicle typically needs to be replaced between 80,000 and 120,000 miles, unless there is a specific problem that arises.
2. Issues with the timing chain are common in higher mileage vehicles.
3. Therefore, it is important to be aware of the potential need to replace the timing chain in your vehicle.
How much does it cost to change a timing chain on a Honda Civic?
The average cost to replace a Honda Civic timing chain is $980.
2. As of September 7th, 2021, the average cost for this repair is still $980.
Why does Honda use timing belts instead of chains?
Timing belts are cheaper to manufacture and quieter.
2. Timing belts require periodic replacement and can fail without warning.
3. Timing chains are durable and tend to becoming noisy before catastrophic failure occurs.
4. Timing chains are more costly to manufacture and can be noisier.