The severity of the problem will determine how long you can drive with a bad timing chain.
2. If the timing chain is close to failing, you may only be able to drive for a few more minutes.
3. Once the timing chain fails, you will no longer be able to operate the vehicle.
Is it hard to replace a timing chain?
Changing a timing chain is not too difficult, but it is considered a complex job because of the many steps involved.
2. If you can handle replacing tie rod ends and bleeding brakes, then this is probably your next step.
3. published on 21 Jan 2021
How long does a timing belt last on a Honda Civic?
According to the Honda maintenance schedule, your Honda’s timing belt and water pump generally needs to be inspected and/or replaced every 7 years or 60,000-100,000 miles traveled.
Is there any warning before timing belt breaks?
If you’re within the mileage window for timing belt replacement, you should go ahead and have it replaced regardless of whether or not there are any prior symptoms.
2. That being said, sometimes your car will give you a bit of warning that the belt is wearing out.
How much does a Honda timing chain cost?
Replacing a timing chain typically costs between $1,000 and $2,500 for parts and labor combined.
2. On average, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $2,500 to replace a timing chain.
3. A timing chain replacement usually costs between $1,000 and $2,500 (parts and labor included).
4. The cost of replacing a timing chain typically falls between $1,000 and $2,500.