Yes, installing a cold air intake on your car will likely add horsepower. They might not add as much horsepower as other engine modifications (up to 5-20 horsepower according to the manufacturers), but they are comparatively cheap to purchase and install at a few hundred dollars.
How much HP does cold air intake add?
Cold air intakes are said to improve your vehicle’s performance by 5-20 horsepower. This number will vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle.
2. While this increase in horsepower may not be enough to put you back in your seat, it will give your car or truck a little pep in its step.
Is a Catback exhaust worth it?
Aftermarket exhaust systems are a popular choice for many people because they offer reliable performance and sound without having to buy a new catalytic converter.
2. They are also well-suited to those who like to handle their own installation!
Does exhaust affect mileage?
I am confident that your mileage will be impacted if you are looking for a high performance exhaust (not a silencer) and it will drain your wallet (note: there is no improvement in pickup either so it is disappointing). Only the stock silencer can provide you with better mileage.
Do exhaust tips change sound?
Exhaust tips are located at the end of the exhaust system and can
improve the sound of the car.
2. A normal exhaust tip will have a small effect on the sound.
3. A larger tip will produce a stronger, heartier sound.
4. A smaller tip will produce a raspy sound.