Drilling holes in a catalytic converter is never a good idea. By doing so, you allow toxic gases to leak out. At best, this will pollute the environment. At worst, these toxic gases could enter your car and poison you. 9 Aug 2020.
Which is the best catalytic converter cleaner?
Cataclean Engine and Catalytic Converter Cleaner
2. CRC “Guaranteed to Pass” Emissions System Formula
3. Solder-It CAT-1
4. Oxicat Oxygen Sensor and Catalytic Converter Cleaner
5. Hi-Gear HG3270s
6. Sledgehammer Run-Rite Kit
What are symptoms of a clogged catalytic converter?
Your check engine light is on. This could be due to a bad catalytic converter.
2. You may hear a rattling noise coming from the engine. This could be another symptom of a bad catalytic converter.
3. You may notice that you’re getting fewer miles per gallon. This could be because the catalytic converter is not working properly.
4. Your car may jerk forward, lose fuel during acceleration, or stall out. These could all be signs that the catalytic converter is not working properly.
5. The engine may misfire. This is another symptom of a bad catalytic converter.
Should I replace my catalytic converter or get a new car?
Replacing your catalytic converter should be a last resort due to the cost involved.
2. This is especially true if your car is old, has a lot of miles, is not reliable, and you live in a state with tough smog laws.
What are the symptoms of a bad catalytic converter oxygen sensor?
If your check engine light comes on, it may be a sign that your O2 sensor is bad.
2. You may notice a loss of fuel efficiency if your O2 sensor is not functioning properly.
3. If your exhaust smells like sulfur or “rotten eggs,” this may be another indication that your O2 sensor needs to be replaced.
4. Black smoke coming from your exhaust is also a sign of a bad O2 sensor.
5. High emission levels can also be a result of a faulty O2 sensor.
6. If your engine is hesitating, skipping, bucking, or having power surges, these may also be symptoms of a bad O2 sensor.