A dyno tune is a great way to improve your vehicle’s performance, fuel economy and ride quality.
2. By increasing your vehicle’s horsepower and returning it to stock fuel economy, a dyno tune can save you from costly repairs down the road.
3. By minimizing backfire and providing a smoother ride, a dyno tune can also improve your driving experience.
What is a safe tune?
A safe tune is a state of tune when your car experiences no negative issues, such as: knock (detonation); high exhaust gas temperature (EGT); too rich or too lean of a mixture; and other issues that can lead to the above three.
Is it worth tuning a stock car?
Tuning a stock car won’t give you a huge power boost, but you can tune it to make it more responsive and aggressive, and remove any limitations the manufacturer put in place.
2. If your car is modern enough, you may be surprised at how much potential it has that the manufacturer has limited.
What are the downsides of tuning a car?
The disadvantages of tuning a car are:
2. There is a chance of poor quality rework.
3. Bad tuning can worsen your car’s energy efficiency.
4. A strain will be put on mechanical parts that may not be strong enough.
Do performance chips actually work?
Many of us question whether performance chips work because they are widely used.
2. The answer is yes; performance chips provide a substantial boost in torque output and overall vehicle performance.